Bluetooth 2.1 version:
- Android: 2.3 or later, Bluetooth.
- iOS: not supported.
- time of establishing connection: usually 1-2 seconds.
- pairing: pairing PIN is required. Default PIN: 1234 can be changed.Device can be additionally password protected.
Bluetooth 4.0 version:
- Android: 4.3* (API 18) or later, Bluetooth 4.0.
- iOS: iPhone 4S or later.
- time of establishing connection: less than a second.
- pairing: no BT pairing PIN. Device can be password protected.
*it is strongly recommended that the device was RELEASED with Android 4.3 or later.
If you are not sure, check if Bluetooth 4.0 is supported by your Android device:
- Download InputStickUtility.
- Run application.
- About & Help > Check BT4.0 support.